Before we jump into our Dewy skin tips, you should always think about how you are treating your skin. To get the healthy, glory & dewy skin, it also needs to come from within.
The usual beauty advice is obvious. Drink plenty of water, get plenty of sleep to avoid under eye bags & puffy eyes & keep your skincare routine as regular as possible. Always wash your make up off before you go to bed (using face wipes only in an emergency)
Feel free to break these rules occasionally, you still want to be able to ‘live life on the edge’, but in general sticking to these rules will keep your skin in the best condition it can be for your skin type. (Unless you have any hormonal or skin problems such as acne.)
Ok so dewy skin is really making its mark right now. So what is the best way to achieve this, here is our top five tips:
- Use a foundation with a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. When you are aiming for a dewy look often lighter or medium coverage will look a lot more natural and you can conceal any areas which you may have covered if you are used to a heavier foundation.
- If you use a damp beauty blender to apply your foundation it will thin out the foundation. It will look natural and dewy.
- Use a highlighter. Any highlighter would do, however a liquid one applied with a damp beauty blender/ sponge using some foundation & some highlighter on the sponge could add to the ‘dewy’ finish. Use the highlighter on your cheekbones, under your eyebrows & on your cupids bow. You can even add some to the centre of your nose if you would like to.
- If you want to go even more dewy, use some vaseline or Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream and dab onto your cheekbones and under your brow arch.
- For your eyeshadow, a cream shadow in shades such as champagne, pinks, golds or bronze. This would depend on your skin tone & how the shades show up on your skin. I am pale, so I would use a pink or champagne colour for a fresh, dewy finish, as a lot of these tones would tone in more natural on my skin, however on a darker skin they will come up very bright and may require a more bronze tone to keep the eyes natural.
Dewy skin is beautiful, but it may not be for everyone. I have friends who are so used to a heavy coverage foundation, that when they tried the dewy look it was just too different to what they were used to. The heavier matte coverage can be very addictive, but if you get that glowing, dewy finish just right, you will feel like you have just stepped off the runway…