Read on to find out more about our vamp aubergine and burgundy A/W 2016 look..
On the same day, we were lucky enough to have two amazing sisters with us for make up tutorials.
Alice and I thought it would be amazing to do two slightly similar looks with different tones to show different colouring options that suit red hair.
Fiona in our previous tutorial had a warm smokey eye with a combination of warm browns & a plum lip.
For Nicola’s make up in this tutorial, Alice decided to go for more purple tones. A deep aubergine purple smokey eye to compliment Nicola’s beautiful red hair.
We were so excited about these looks on Fiona & Nicola. As redheads ourselves we have always struggled to find tutorials specifically embracing fair skin & red hair. Fake tanning is so popular & we love fake tan too, but we would love to encourage people to really love their fair skin. We would like to do loads of tutorials showing you all the best products to use & where to get them, so keep an eye out for our tutorial on a base for fair skin which will be on the blog soon.
For this look though Alice wanted another great Autumn Winter look so you can see our step by step instructions below:
- Eye shadow base is Mac Paint pot in the colour ‘Groundwork’
- Alice then used a lighter taupe shade from her Tarte palette through Nicola’s crease
- Alice then used a light purple shade from her Tarte palette in Nicola’s crease
- Too add intensity to the outer corner of the eye Alice used a dark Aubergine eyeshadow from Tom Ford
- Alice added a cranberry tone through the crease with another eyeshadow from Tom Ford
- Alice then ran the darkest aubergine shade along the lash line
- Add mascara
- Using hourglass highlighter to highlight the high points on Nicola’s face
- On the lips Alice used a burgundy red from MAC in the colour ‘dare you‘
We hope that you all try out this vampy aubergine autumn winter look on yourselves & don’t forget to send us photos if you do!